Box of Hope Subscription
Every Box of Hope is filled with fresh, delicious vegetables grown using organic methods. Each week the vegetables in your box will vary depending on what is in season. Some items you will find in your box may include beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, collards, garlic, green beans, herbs, kale, peppers, tomatoes, and other surprises. Box of Hope home deliveries are available to residents of Cortland, DeKalb, Genoa, Kingston, Kirkland, Malta, Maple Park, and Sycamore.
The Box of Hope service will begin the week of July 5, 2021 and end the week of September 6, 2021.
- Weekly subscription - 10 boxes
- Biweekly subscription - 5 boxes
- Monthly subscription - 3 boxes
Our Box of Hope service is comprised of several components:
- DeKalb County Community Gardens (DCCG) trains individuals with developmental disabilities in the horticultural and agricultural fields at our Walnut Grove Vocational Farm (WGVF) located in Kirkland. The farm is where the vegetables for our Boxes of Hope are grown, prepared and packaged by WGVF participants.
- WGVF participants learn skills that will help them gain experience for employment and ensure a productive place for young adults with disabilities in the community.
Each growing season, DCCG, grows and distributes thousands of pounds of fresh produce for local individuals and families in need. Box of Hope subscribers provide revenue which goes to support DCCG's efforts to provide food in DeKalb County. To donate a Box of Hope, simply select "Please donate this box to a family in need" under the "This Box of Hope is for" field above.